Finally, Microsoft went back on its statement and raised the price of its Xbox Series X but not worldwide. A first step?
The price of the Xbox Series X increases in India
The Xbox Series X increases its selling price this month in India. Displayed a few days ago at 49,990 rupees or €614, the console goes to 55,990 or €687. This is already the third increase in this territory… of the year! For the moment, the small Series S would escape this change in price list, but the accessories cannot say the same.
Indeed, the different controllers Xbox Series – which work on One and PC – are also experiencing the increase (via IGN).
- Controller Xbox Series X: from 5,390 rupees (66€) to 5,990 rupees (73€)
- Elite Controller Series 2: from 15,990 rupees (196€) to 17,990 rupees (221€)
- Mineral Camo Edition controller: from 6,390 rupees (78€) to 6,990 rupees (85€)
- Robot White Edition: from 5,390 rupees (66€) to 5,990 rupees (73€)
- Shock Blue & Electric Volt controllers: from 5,890 rupees (72€) to 6,590 rupees (80€)
Will France and other countries have the right to do so too? The future will tell us but Phil Spencer has not closed the door to an increase … for consoles and the Xbox Game Pass.
We have maintained the price of our console and that of the games… and our subscription. I don’t think we can do this forever. I think at some point we will have to raise prices on some things I think at some point we will have to raise prices on some products but as the holiday season approaches , we thought it was important to keep them.