Since “Venom” and “Morbius”Pack up: With “Madame Web”, the next Marvel film from Sony’s own superhero universe (the so-called SSU) is already in the starting blocks and what awaits us in it sounds a lot more interesting than the previous SSU films. Then the characters in “Madame Web” are not just those with Doctor Strange comparable title character, but also a young Uncle Ben, Peter Parker’s mother Mary – and a total of three spider heroines!
After a long time it was not clear which characters would play the numerous well-known faces in the cast, there is now a report from the site specializing in such scoops The Cosmic Circus, which recently revealed that the djinn group Clandestine in “Ms. Marvel” would be there. Accordingly, in “Madame Web” we see the following characters:
- Dakota Johnson as Cassandra Webb, the original Madame Web from the Marvel Comics
- Sydney Sweeney as Julia Carpenter, who travels in the comics as Spider-Woman, Arachne and the second Madame Web
- Celeste O’Connor as Mattie Franklin, another Spider-Woman
- Isabela Merced as Anya Corazón, who goes by the name of Araña (Spanish for spider) and then Spider-Girl
- Adam Scott as Ben Parker aka Uncle Ben, best known as the father figure to Peter Parker in Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man
- Emma Roberts as Mary Parker, Peter Parker’s birth mother
It is still unclear whether Peter’s father Richard Parker and his aunt May Parker are also in the cast of “Madame Web”. Since Emma Roberts Mary appears to be pregnant (!) on the set pictures for “Madame Web”, at least Richard should be there.
And the fact that Mary Parker is probably pregnant with Peter Parker in “Madame Web” should also be of great importance to the plot. Then apparently “Madame Web” is not set in the present, but in the early 2000s and is sort of a prequel to the classic “Spider-Man” story.
The suspicion is therefore obvious that the yet to be revealed villain of the film in “Madame Web” tries to prevent the birth of Peter Parker and his origin story as Spider-Man – So a kind of “Terminator” story with Peter Parker instead of John Connor.
On the other side of this equation (as Kyle Reese sort of) Madame Web and her three Spider-Women may then try to thwart the villain’s plans and to ensure that the story can take its usual course. That also suspects The Cosmic Circuswithout being able to confirm this.
However, set images are circulating that appear to show Ben Parker and Madame Web working side-by-side as rescue workers – is it possible that the psychic Madame Web is saving Ben’s life?
Find out more next year: “Madam Web“ starts on October 5, 2023 in German cinemas.