“Top Gun: Maverick“ is the cinema sensation of the year. Although it was to be expected that the sequel to the 80s cult hit “Top Gun’ would certainly attract a considerable number of people to the cinema. But it was not foreseeable that the aviator action with Tom Cruise would gross well over a billion US dollars and thus be the 13th most successful film of all time. “Top Gun 2” is well ahead of “Jurassic World 3” and Marvel’s “Doctor Strange 2” the cinema hit of the year. But although the film is currently still in cinemas, it will be available for home cinema next week – at least digitally.
Already on August 23, 2022 is “Top Gun 2″ on the usual VoD platforms such as Amazon Prime Video as a paid download, depending on the provider also in 4K and with Dolby Atmos. If you have the necessary home cinema equipment to be able to use the extra-sharp picture quality and the voluminous surround sound, you shouldn’t do without it either. After all, “Top Gun 2” sometimes also an audiovisual pleasure. From September 22, 2022, the Tom Cruise blockbuster will also be available as a rental VoD.
›› “Top Gun 2” on Amazon Prime Video*
If you prefer to physically put the cinema hit on the shelf, you will unfortunately have to wait a little longer. As of November 3, 2022, there is “Top Gun: MaverickThen also as DVD, Blu-ray and 4K Blu-ray. The latter also with Dolby Atmos Sound. Don’t be fooled by the current release date on Amazon. At the time of writing this news, December 31, 2022 is still the start date. This is obviously a placeholder. We got our info straight from an official press release from Rental Paramount.
›› “Top Gun 2” as DVD/Blu-ray at Amazon*
The following extras await you on DVD and (4K) Blu-ray:
- Making-of video of the cast’s intense training program to withstand the impact of multiple G-forces
- Making-of video for shooting the spectacular flight scenes
- Making-of video of the creation of the “Darkstar”, an experimental one specially designed for “Top Gun 2” designed aircraft
- Bonus video featuring Tom Cruise talking about his love of flying while boarding his own plane, a P-51 Mustang
- The music videos for Lady Gaga’s ‘Hold My Hand’ and OneRepublic’s ‘I Ain’t Worried’
- A master class with Tom Cruise at the Cannes Film Festival in which the action star looks back on his career
- Mission: Impossible 7 Trailer
In addition to the standard editions that can already be pre-ordered on Amazon, Paramount also announced several limited steelbooks. However, these are not yet available for early purchase.
*The links to the Amazon offer are so-called affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we will receive a commission.