The collaboration between Tom Cruise and director Christopher McQuarrie continues.
Screenwriter and director Christopher McQuarrie and Tom Cruise are currently busy filming “Mission Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two.” Earlier this year, there were reports that the 7th and 8th Mission Impossible films were planned as Tom Cruise’s retirement from the series, but according to the director’s statements, this is not true.
When Christopher McQuarrie was asked this question on a podcast he participated in, he told listeners “not to believe everything they read”. “I’ve known Tom Cruise for 15 years and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve witnessed an incident with him, read about it on the news the next day and witnessed that nothing mentioned was true.” “When you see the phrase ‘anonymous sources’ in the news, know that someone is making that news for a specific reason,” said the director.
Although he did not unequivocally deny the news of Cruise’s departure from the series, these comments were interpreted as the duo will continue to work together on the new Mission Impossible films. It’s also possible that Tom Cruise still hasn’t made his final decision.
The 7th movie of the series, officially “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One” (Mission Impossible: Deadly Reckoning Part One), will be released on July 14, 2023. “Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part Two” is scheduled to be released in the summer of 2024. Which gives Tom Cruise quite some time to think about Ethan Hunt’s future…