The Witcher 3 will offer a next-gen version worthy of the name and Nvidia takes the opportunity to unveil the PC specifics, obviously with RTX at stake.
On December 14, all players of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PC will receive a free update that will bring various gameplay changes, with new quests and graphical features. For the visual part, Nvidia will obviously get their hands dirty to offer us something of its own.
The Witcher 3, what to expect?
We will be able (according to an official press release from Nvidia) to find in The Witcher 3 :
- RTX Global Illumination (RTXGI) which adds more immersive and realistic ray tracing outdoor lighting.
- Ray-based ambient occlusion that improves shading around objects that obscure light.
- Ray-based shadows improve shadow fidelity, clarity, and visibility.
- Ray-tracing reflections improve the accuracy and quality of reflections from bodies of water and other reflective surfaces.
- Ultra+ settings increase draw distances, foliage density, background character detail, asset quality, and more.
- Texture resolutions are increased and environments gain in geometric detail.
For cardholders Nvidia RTX 4000the game The Witcher 3 also adds DLSS 3 to multiply performance and NVIDIA Reflex to minimize latency.
Moreover, in addition to the long-awaited RPG in its next-gen version, Portal and Jurassic World Evolution 2 also offers the RTX story to sublimate a little. Finally, be aware that players need to get the new driver GeForce Game Read to best optimize The Witcher 3.