It’s almost curious not to have seen the game land before, but Nintendo has finally decided to unveil a sequel to Wii Sports but for Nintendo Switch. It was during the Nintendo Direct that we were able to learn the good news.
Wii Sports at home
It will therefore be a new compilation of sports mini-games as Nintendo explains in its press release, including in particular:
- Tennis: Play by gently swinging the Joy-Con at the right time.
- Bowling: Throw the ball straight or give it a spin.
- Chambara: Attack your opponent to eject them from the platform and block their blows.
- Soccer: Perform dynamic actions with a giant ball and use the Joy-Con controllers to shoot and perform dive heads. You can also attach a Joy-Con to your leg using the leg strap included with the physical version of the game (also available separately) to enjoy intuitive controls during thrilling penalty shootouts.
- Badminton: Hold the steering wheel in the air and send it left or right. Unleash powerful smashes to take advantage!
- Volleyball: Use a Joy-Con to serve, catch, pass and spike.
Wii Sports had the right to 102 million copies sold around the world and inevitably Nintendo must have a lot of expectations for this new title. A game plan for Nintendo Switch (what else?) April 29, 2022.
Note, however, that a server test will be organized from February 18 to 20and that it will require a Nintendo Switch Online subscription to access it.