PINOCCHIO. Guillermo del Toro revisits the Italian novel hero for Netflix. The animated film “Pinocchio” is to be discovered from December 9, 2022.
The year 2022 will have offered two very different versions of Pinocchio for subscribers to the platforms of streaming. On December 9, 2022, Netflix subscribers will be able to discover the director’s adaptation of Carlo Collodi’s tale Guillermo del Toro. The Mexican filmmaker has chosen a darker approach to tell the story of this wooden puppet who becomes a real little boy. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has already garnered 97% positive reviews from the mainly English-speaking press.
Pinocchio on netflix has the particularity of being a stop motion animated film, that is to say that we used real objects (here puppets) to create the illusion of movement. In the voice casting, English speakers will recognize Ewan McGregor, David Bradley, Christoph Waltz, Tilda Swinton, Cate Blanchett and Ron Perlman. Before the release of the film on the streaming platform, find all the information on the Pinocchio from Netflix below.
Synopsis – Guillermo del Toro and Mark Gustafson revisit the children’s classic written by Carlo Collodi. At the dawn of the Second World War in Italy, a carpenter destroyed by the death of his son, Geppetto builds in a moment of despair a wooden puppet in his effigy. It miraculously comes to life and behaves like a real little boy.
Pinocchio by Guillermo del Toro is one of the most anticipated streaming releases for moviegoers for the end of 2022. The Animation Film in stop-motion is to be discovered on Netflix just before the holiday season. It is indeed on December 9, 2022 that French subscribers will be able to discover this feature film revisiting this classic of Italian literature.
- Gregory Mann: Pinocchio (original voice)
- Ewan McGregor: Sebastian J. Cricket (Original Voice)
- David Bradley: Geppetto (original voice)
- Tilda Swinton : Wood Spirit and Death (original voice)
- Christoph Waltz: Count Volpe (original voice)
- Finn Wolfhard: Candlewick (original voice)
- Cate Blanchett : Spazzatura (original voice)
- John Turturro: Doctor (original voice)
- Ron Perlman: Podesta (original voice)
- Tim Blake Nelson: The Black Rabbits (Original Voice)
- Burn Gorman: The Priest (Original Voice)
Pinocchio by Guillermo del Toro does not pass through the cinema screens since it is released directly in streaming. To see it, all you need is an active subscription to Netflix. Note that no other platform will offer it for viewing.