In the mid-1990s, thanks to “Lethal Weapon” and “Mad Max”, Mel Gibson was not only one of the biggest action stars, the Australian was also able to put two Oscars on the shelf for his historical epic “Braveheart” – and was almost like that arrived at what felt like the peak of his career. The gripping thriller “Bounty” by “Illuminati” maker Ron Howard, which is now included in the Netflix subscription, is therefore also fully tailored to Mel Gibson’s star persona.
In the official DashFUN review, “bounty” even got an outstanding 4.5 out of a possible 5 stars. Andreas R. Becker describes the film as one “A grandiose thriller with a decisive plot twist that is still gripping even after repeated viewings. Well cast and acted down to the fingertips, the film grips its viewers, who empathetically experience the emotional states of Mel Gibson more and more firsthand.”
Tom Mullen (Gibson) is a millionaire airline owner and the happy father of a son (Brawley Nolte) – who is kidnapped. Tom and his wife Kate (Rene Russo) enlist the help of an FBI team to hunt down the perpetrators and bring the offspring home. After investigators, led by Agent Lonnie Hawkins (Delroy Lindo), pitch their tents at the Mullen home, a grueling war of nerves begins.
It quickly becomes clear that the lines between good and evil are becoming more and more blurred than it seemed at the beginning and Kate and Tom’s marriage is also being put to the test more than ever. An unforeseen turn of events finally causes Tom to freak out and turn the tables: In front of the television cameras, he turns the two million dollar ransom into bounty! He wants to trigger a nationwide hunt for the perpetrator Jimmy Shaker (Gary Sinise)…
Bounty isn’t the only newcomer to Netflix subscriptions. Instead, there is a whole range of exciting titles that could sweeten your weekend.
Here is the list of films that are also available as Netflix subscriptions starting today, July 1:
- “In the order of the devil“ (occult horror starring Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino)
- “Dirty grandpa“ (Comedy starring Robert De Niro and Zac Efron)
- “Free Willy“ (Youth film cult from the 90s)
- “Cult Of Chucky“ (seventh part of the killer doll series)
- “Survival – A soldier never fights alone“ (War action with Armie Hammer and Annabelle Wallis)
- “25 km/h“ (Road trip comedy with Lars Eidinger and Bjarne Mädel)
- “Project X“ (Party excess with “Top Gun: Maverick-Star Miles Teller)
- “GoodFellas“ (Mafia Milestone by Martin Scorsese)
- “Shutter Island“ (Mystery thriller starring Leonardo DiCaprio)
- “Minority Report“ (Sci-Fi blockbuster starring Tom Cruise)