Netflix’s latest big hit, has Don’t Look Up: Cosmic Denial become the most viewed film on the platform ahead of Red Notice?
Posted on December 24 on Netflix and featuring a 5-star cast (Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Timothée Chalamet…), Don’t Look Up: Cosmic Denial started on the wheel caps.
Adam McKay’s film thus signed the best start for an original film on the platform, with no less than 152 million hours of viewing recorded in just two weeks of operation. But was that enough for him to become Netflix’s most viewed feature film in a matter of weeks? Well no !
The title is still held by Red Notice, released in November, which over a 28-day period racked up slightly more viewing hours than Don’t Look Up. This is revealed by the new Top 10 published by Netflix and shared by comicbook.com.
The action comedy worn by Ryan Reynolds, Gal Gadot and Dwayne Johnson has thus totaled 364.02 million hours of viewing, against 359.78 million for the film which is currently agitating the elites.
Currently, the Top 10 most watched original movies (in English language) on Netflix are as follows:
- Red Notice – 364,020,000 hours viewed in 28 days
- Don’t Look Up – 359,780,000 hours watched in 28 days
- Bird Box – 282,020,000 hours viewed in 28 days
- Tyler Rake – 231,340,000 hours watched in 28 days
- Unforgivable – 214,700,000 hours watched in 28 days
- The Irishman – 214,570,000 hours viewed in 28 days
- The Kissing Booth 2 – 209,250,000 hours watched in 28 days
- 6 Underground – 205,470,000 hours watched in 28 days
- Spenser Confidential – 197,320,000 hours watched in 28 days
- Enola Holmes – 189,900,000 hours watched in 28 days
The Red Notice trailer: