Life is like this: with the imminent closure of the Gregorian calendar, tops and flops of all kinds flourish. Aggregates site Metacritic pulls first, and unveils less well-received games in 2021.
It is an understatement to say that the year 2021 will have been special. With its cascading reports that we can no longer even list as they are linked together, the new generation consoles still not found on the shelves of stores, players will have already received their share of disappointments. The Metacritic site has just announced the vote count, and therefore delivers its ranking. Not that of the “worst” games of the year, but that of the least rated games by the press listed on the platform. Well, even said like that, obviously nobody wants to be there.
They came, they are all there, let’s find out about them without further ado:
- eFootball 2022 on PC (Metascore: 25)
- Balan Wonderworld on Switch (Metascore: 36)
- Werewolf: The Apocalypse – Earthblood on PS4 (Metascore: 42)
- Taxi Chaos on PS4 (Metascore 42)
- Of Bird and Cage on PC (Metascore: 44)
- Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition on Switch (Metascore: 46)
- I Saw Black Clouds on PS4 (Metascore: 48)
- Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace on PC (Metascore: 48)
- Demon Skin on PC (Metascore: 48)
- Necromunda: Hired Gun on PS4 (Metascore: 49)
Free is therefore not successful, since the transformation of the PES saga into free-to-play eFootball misses its penalty in front of cameras around the world, while the referee lets play. For its part, the new (and only) license of Yuji Naka on behalf of Square Enix avoids the sad first place, but it came close to it. Whatever, since the ex-SEGA has already bounced back …
What were your worst gaming experiences in 2021? Let us know your memories to quickly forget in the comments below!