For a return in good conditions, the new versions of Life is Strange and its prequel must have forgotten 2021. But we are reassured, we can celebrate Valentine’s Day in their company.
Before, we restored old games. Now we are reworking even those who have not even come close to the decade of existence. We could call this “giving a second youth”, or even “doing justice”. Especially in the cases of Life is Strange and Life is: Before the Storm, some aspects of which still left something to be desired. Life is Strange Remastered Collection will deliver them improved on Tuesday, February 1, 2022 on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Switch and Stadia.
The reunion of these two narrative experiences taking us to Arcadia Bay, promised as a gift to buyers of Life is Strange True Colors, is therefore finally dated. In the first game, signed by Dontnod and quickly becoming a phenomenon, you play as Max Caulfield, a young student who, after an unexpected tragedy, will discover the power to manipulate time. The second, which precedes it, makes it possible to embody his best friend, Chloe Price, then in full adolescent crisis and forging a special relationship with Rachel Amber …
Life is STRANGER
What Life is Strange Remastered Collection promises is nothing complicated. It’s even very simple and it can be listed as follows:
- Characters and environments with remastered graphics
- Animations of the characters sublimated thanks to the capture of facial expressions (Life is Strange Remastered exclusively)
- Updated and tweaked puzzles
- Engine and lights upgrades
- A scenario that adapts to the player’s choice, with many endings
- Go back in time with Max, turn things around with Chloe
- Licensed soundtrack and original tracks
In other words, a bit of modernity for everyone and more natural movements, expressions and lip sync overall for the original episode. This should allow players who do not yet know them to also be under the spell. And go back to the cashier?