Less than 24 hours now separate players from the dematerialized release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition. For its part, Rockstar Games hasn’t been particularly chatty about the compilation so far. After the compilation’s gameplay videos were leaked earlier this morning, the American publisher has just listed the improvements that have benefited new versions of its famous games.
Rockstar Games has just gone into detail about the improvements made to the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition. After vaguely discussing these changes, the publisher has just gone into details. This information, communicated on the official website of the game, is:
- Controls inspired by GTA V.
- Improved shooting and aiming controls, especially for vehicle shootings in GTA: San Andreas.
- Updated weapon selection and radio stations.
- Updated mini-maps with improved navigation for placing landmarks.
- Ability to immediately restart a failed mission.
- High-resolution textures that bring out details on characters, weapons, vehicles, roads and more.
- A complete overhaul of the lighting system for more realistic shadows, reflections and lights.
- Improved water and weather effects.
- More detailed trees and vegetation.
- Increased viewing distance for more depth and definition.
A GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition that differs from machine to machine
According to the American publisher, these improvements concern all versions of the GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition. That being said, there are some possibilities that are only available to certain platforms. Even the Switch version will have its specificities. Without further ado, these features are presented as follows:
- 4K resolution with up to 60 fps on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems.
- Support for NVIDIA DLSS technology on PC.
- The ability to change the viewing angle, move the camera, and navigate menus via the touchscreen, as well as use gyro aiming on Nintendo Switch.
Along with that, Rockstar promises to “new achievements for Rockstar Games Social Club members. Although there is no question of remakes, the work done here seems, on paper at least, to go beyond the framework of a simple remaster. Until we can judge from the evidence, gameplay videos of the three games included here are available. at this address.
Take off for Liberty City imminent
People who have pre-ordered a digital version of GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition can now preload it. Officially, Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition will be released on November 11 at 3 p.m. KST. People who have reloaded the game will therefore be able to start playing it at that time.
The digital version of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition will therefore be released tomorrow on PS5, Xbox Series X | S, PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. The physical versions will be released on consoles on December 7.
What do you think of all these improvements? Do they make you want to play GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition? Which version are you going to set your sights on? Tell us all in the comments below.