A year later after a 100% digital edition, the Gérardmer Festival returns to celebrate horror and the fantastic. Discover the selection of this 29th edition.
After a 100% online edition in 2021, the Gérardmer Fantastic Film Festival is back in person. This 29th edition will welcome two exceptional guests of honor: director, screenwriter and writer Nicholas Meyer (It was tomorrow, Stark Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek VI: Unknown Land) and director, screenwriter and producer Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, The Last Pub Before the End of the World, Last Night in Soho).
From January 26 to 30, 2022, festival-goers will be able to discover a selection of genre films from all over the world: 10 films in competition, which will notably be decided and rewarded by a Jury chaired by Julie Gayet, but also by the public, the critics and young people from the Grand Est, and 11 films out of competition. The short films presented will be chosen and awarded by a Jury made up of directors Ludovic & Zoran Boukherma (Teddy), Shirine Boutella, Saïda Jawad and Antonin Peretjatko.
The ticket office for this 29th edition of the Gérardmer Fantastic Film Festival is already open on the official website, with all available passes. Discover the selection of this year 2022.
OUT OF COMPETITION
- Bruiser by George A. Romero (United States, France & Canada)
- Howls by Joe Dante (United States)
- Possession of Andrzej Zulawski (France & Germany)
THE NIGHT J-HORROR
THE OFFSET NIGHT
SHORT FILMS COMPETITION
- Mental charge by Benjamin Malherbe (France)
- Candy by Rémy Barbe (France)
- The Cross of Your Fingers by Sullivan Arthuis (France)
- Sarah Lasry’s Wart (France)
- Mantra by Stef Meyer and Pascal Bourelier (France)
Ogre’s teaser, selected in Competition: