Dying can wait has just been released in France and the first figures have just fallen. Did Daniel Craig’s last stand in James Bond attract crowds for its first day of operation?
If Dying can wait, the numbers can’t!
According to Xavier Albert, General Manager of Universal France, the latest James Bond with Daniel Craig drew 160,000 spectators on the day of its release on October 6. If you count the previews, that number jumps to 290,000.
For comparison, here is the start-up ranking of every James Bond of the Craig era.
- 007 Spectrum: 850,297 (4,982,985 entries at the end of operation)
- Quantum of Solace: 360,643 (3,722,798 entries at the end of operation)
- To die can wait : 290,000 first day tickets
- Sky Fall : 258,331 (6,996,996 entries at the end of operation)
- Casino Royale: 160,637 (3,182,602 entries at the end of operations)
Note that Dying Can Wait achieves a lower score than Kaamelott (423.922) and Fast and Furious 9 (468.862).
PILS: Here are the October 6 releases