THE BOYS SEASON 3. The Boys returns very soon for a season 3. Release date, plot, cast, here is everything you need to know about the trashy superhero series.
THE BOYS – date, plot, cast
The Boys is a trashy superhero series available on Amazon Prime Video. After two seasons that have been a resounding success with subscribers to the platform, new episodes will soon be posted online. Season 3 will release its first three episodes on June 3, 2022. Thereafter, one episode will be released every Friday, before the finale on July 8.
Season 3 of The Boys promises new explosive scenes, in the continuity of what the series has already been able to offer us. The Boys are set to look to end the Reign of the Seven again in this new round of episodes, though the precise plot of this season is yet to be known.
We know, however, that we will know more about the history of superheroes, with the introduction of the first superhero Soldier Boy. This one is played by Jensen Ackles, actor of supernatural. Newcomers to the cast also include Laurie Holden (The Walking Dead) as The Red Countess. Below, find all the information about season 3 of The Boys but also the information you need to know about this program.
The Boys has been keeping Prime Video subscribers in suspense for two seasons already. And it’s not ready to stop: a season 3 is indeed planned on the platform of streaming. It will be online from June 3, 2022: the first three episodes will be online on this date. Thereafter, an episode will air every Friday. The Season 3 finale will go live on July 8, 2022.
If we know that The Boys will return for a new season, the general plot of this third round of episodes is not yet precise. The plot should pick up right at the end of season 2. According to showrunner Eric Kripke, revelations about the characters’ pasts will be offered in this “explosive” sequel, while we learn more about the original superhero, Soldier Boy, played by Jensen Ackles (supernatural). The opportunity to finally discover the story behind the creation of the Septs.
New actors join the cast of The Boys in season 3. First, note the arrival of Jensen Ackles, known for his role as Dean Winchester in supernatural. He will play Soldier Boy, the first known superhero in the universe of The Boys.
Comedian Laurie Holden (The Walking Dead) will also play the superheroine La Comtesse Rouge (or Crimson Countess in VO), just like Nick Wechsler (revenge) as Blue Hawk, Miles Gaston Villanueva (Law & Order True Crime) which will be Supersonic, and Sean Patrick Flanery (dexter) who will play Gunpowder. Kristin Booth (Orphan Black) and Jack Doolan (Marcella) will play brother and sister superheroes on TNT Twins.
Synopsis – In a uchronic universe, people with powers are elevated to the rank of superheroes, The Seven. They work for the company Vought International but are far from being as good as the company would have you believe. A group of powerless misfits, nicknamed The Boys, are determined to reveal the truth about The Seven and the company that employs them.
- Karl UrbanWilliam “Billy” Butcher
- Jack QuaidHugh “Hughie” Campbell
- Anthony Starr: John / The Protector (Homelander)
- Erin Moriarty: Annie January / Stella (Starlight)
- Laz Alonso: Marvin Milk / The Cream
- Tomer Kapon: Serge / The Frenchman (Frenchie)
- Karen Fukuhara as Kimiko Miyashira / The Female
- Dominique McElligott: Maggie Shaw / Queen Maeve (Queen Maeve)
- Jessie Usher as Reggie Franklin / A-Train
- Chace Crawford: Kevin Moskowitz / The Fishman (The Deep)
- Nathan Mitchell: Black Black
- Aya Cash: Klara Risinger / Stormfront / Liberty (since season 2)
- Jensen Ackles as Soldier Boy (since season 3)
- Shantel Van Santen as Becca Butcher
- Elisabeth Shue: Madelyn Stillwell (season 1 and 2)
- Colby Minifie: Ashley Barrett
- Claudia Doumit as Victoria Neuman (since season 2)
- Jennifer Esposito: Susan Raynor (season 1 and 2)
- Simon Pegg: Hugh Campbell Sr. (season 1)
- Alex Hassell: Translucent (season 1)
- Ann Cusack: Donna January
- Christian Keyes: Nathan (season 1)
- Jess Salgueiro): Robin (season 1)
- Shaun Benson: Ezekiel (season 1)
- Brittany Allen: Charlotte / Popclaw (season 1)
- Laila Robins: Grace Mallory / The Colonel
- Giancarlo Esposito as Stan Edgar
- Shawn Ashmore: The Pathfinder / The Torch (season 2)