CESAR 2022. The next Cesar ceremony will be hosted by Antoine de Caunes, who takes on the costume of master of ceremonies for the tenth time on Friday 25 February 2022.
[Mis à jour le 21 octobre 2021 à 11h03] The César 2022 are taking shape. Canal + announced on October 21, 2021 that it would be Antoine de Caunes who will lend himself to the difficult exercise of hosting the ceremony. He succeeds Marina Foïs as master of ceremonies. This is the tenth time that Antoine de Caunes dons the costume of loyal Caesar master, becoming the most sought-after personality to host the ceremony. The last time he presented the Caesar dates back to 2013.
By formalizing De Caunes as master of ceremonies, Canal + has also formalized the date of the Caesar. The 2022 edition will be held on Friday, February 25, one month before the Oscars. As has been the case for several years, the ceremony will be broadcast live and unencrypted from 9:00 p.m., even if you are not subscribed to the Canal + package. Below, relive the highlights of the previous Caesar ceremony, marked by the coronation of Farewell the idiots of Albert Dupontel.
All about the Caesar
Since 1976, the César du cinema ceremony has rewarded the best of French cinema. Prizes are awarded each year in Paris by the Académie des César, also called the Academy of Cinema Arts and Techniques. It was the sculptor César who made the trophy, which is in the form of compressions of metal objects. Each year, between February and March, the ceremony is often broadcast live and unencrypted on the Canal + channel. Among the most awarded films in the history of the César, there are The Last Metro and Cyrano de Bergerac (ten awards each), A Prophet (9 awards), De beating mon coeur s’ait (8 awards). The next edition will take place on February 25, 2022.
The date of the César 2022 was formalized by Canal + at the same time as the appointment of its master of ceremonies. Antoine de Caunes will present the evening on the channel, in clear and live, on Friday February 22, 2022 from 9 p.m. It will precede the Oscars ceremony, scheduled for March 27, by one month.
We do not yet know the winners of the César 2022. During the last edition of the ceremony, Adieu les cons was crowned the big winner of the evening, having won seven statuettes, including the César for best film, best director and for best actor in a supporting role for Nicolas Marié. Laure Calamy (Antoinette in the Cévennes) was named Best Actress while Sami Bouajila won the César for Best Actor for Un fils, the second César of her career. Emilie Dequenne also won the César for best actress in a supporting role for The things we say, the things we do, and the prizes which designate the Best hopes were awarded to Jean-Pascal Zadi (Simply black ) and Fathia Youssouf (Cute). Adolescentes was also awarded three times. Below, the full list of César 2021:
- Best film : Goodbye idiots
- Best achievement: Albert Dupontel, Goodbye idiots
- Best actor : Sami Bouajila, A son
- Best Actress: Laure Calamy, Antoinette in the Cévennes
- Best Supporting Actress: Emilie Dequenne, The things we say, the things we do
- Best Supporting Actor: Nicolas Marié, Goodbye idiots
- Most promising Actress : Fathia Youssouf, Cute
- Best Male Newcomer: Jean-Pascal Zadi, Simply black
- Best Original Screenplay: Goodbye idiots
- Best adaptation: The girl with the bracelet
- Best costumes: The good wife
- Best scenery: Goodbye idiots
- Best photography: Goodbye idiots
- Best Editing: Teenage girls
- Best sound: Teenage girls
- Best Original Music: At night
- Best first film: Of them
- Best animated feature film: Josep
- Best animated short film: Bear hour
- Best Foreign Film: Drunk
- Best short film: What if the beasts die
- Best Documentary: Teenage girls
- Caesar of high school students: Goodbye idiots
- Honorary Caesar: Jean-Pierre Bacri (posthumous)
- Caesar birthday: the Splendid troop
We do not yet know the films nominated for the César for 2022. During the last edition of the event, The things we say, the things we do was the film which accumulated the most nominations, but which left almost empty-handed, whileGoodbye idiots and…