The 10th edition of the Champs-Elysées Film Festival, which took place from September 14 to 21, 2021, distinguished several independent American and French feature and short films. Discover the full list of the Festival!
The Champs-Elysées Film Festival, whose 2021 edition has just ended, has unveiled its prize list. The festival once again honored, in the heart of the capital, the best of independent American and French cinema, and distinguished several films, including Cusp by Isabel Bethencourt and Parker Hill, Positive energy of the gods by Laetitia Møller , and In the heart of the woods by Claus Drexel.
Discover the full list of winners for the 10th edition of the Festival.
Feature Films Awards
The Jury chaired by the author and director Thomas Lilti, and surrounded by the actress and photographer Agathe Rousselle, the musician, director, visual artist and composer of film scores Yael Naim, The director and cartoonist Aurel, the author, director and screenwriter Elie Wajeman, awarded the following awards:
- Jury Prize for Best American Independent Feature Film: Cusp of Isabel Bethencourt and Parker Hill / Special mention : Dash Shaw’s cryptozoo
- Independent French Film Jury Prize: Positive Energy of the Gods by Laetitia Møller, tied with Au cœur du bois by Claus Drexel
- Jury Prize for Best American Director: Nana Mensah for her film Queen of Glory
- Jury Prize for Best French Director: Anais Volpé for her film Between the Waves
In addition, the public awarded prizes to two feature films, Le Monde après nous by Louda Ben Salah-Cazonas for French film, and Strawberry Mansion for Kentucker Audley and Albert Birney for American film.
Finally, the Press Jury made up of journalists Ava Cahen, Antoine Guillot, Mathilde Carton, Renaud Baronian awarded the Critics ‘Prize for Best American Feature Film to the film Queen of Glory by Nana Mensah, and the Critics’ Award for Best Feature Film. French to The Positive Energy of the Gods by Laetitia Møller.
Short films awards
The Short Films Jury, chaired by screenwriter and director Naïla Guiguet, surrounded by actress Coralie Russier, director Alexandra Pianelli, singer, actor, DJ and Vogging icon Kiddy Smile, actor and director Yoann Zimmer, awarded the following prices:
- Jury Prize for Best American Short Film: There’s a prison on fire in the forest by JLee MacKenzie / Special mention : Beauty Mark by Gina Hackett
- Jury Prize for Best French Short Film: Afrokingdom by Jérémie Danon / Special mention : Listen to the beat of our images of Audrey and Maxime Jean-Baptiste
- France Televisions Prize for French Short Film: Constrain de fleuryfontaine (Antoine Fontaine and Galdric Fleury)
- Audience Award for Best American Independent Short Film: Plaisir directed by Molly Gillis
- Audience Award for Best Independent French Short Film: King Max directed by Adèle Vincenti-Crasson
After this edition shifted to September, the festival will meet again at its usual period, in June 2022 for its 11th edition.