ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK – Netflix’s flagship series, Orange is the new black ended in 2019 after seven seasons. Synopsis, cast, everything you need to know about this series that has shaken up the codes.
[Mis à jour le 2 avril 2020 à 15h31] Orange is the new black is a Netflix series available to watch on the streaming platform. Started in 2013, it ends in July 2019 after seven seasons. This production is inspired by the autobiography Orange is the new black: my year in a women’s prison written by Piper Kerman. Created by Jenji Kohan, this fiction describes the daily life of a minimum security prison for women. Orange is the new black won numerous awards during its broadcast, hailed by critics but also by the public as one of the major series of the 2010s.
After carrying ten years earlier a suitcase of money from drug trafficking for her companion at the time, Piper Chapman finds herself imprisoned for fifteen months in Litchfield minimum security prison. As she tries to survive in this women’s prison and understand its codes, she discovers that her partner from ten years ago, Alex, is also serving a prison sentence in the same place.
Orange is the new black is an exclusive series from the Netflix catalog. The seven seasons of the series can be found on the streaming platform. Remember that you must be a Netflix subscriber to be able to enjoy its content.
Orange is the new black has an almost exclusively female cast. The lead role features actress Taylor Schilling (The Lucky One, Mercy Hospital) playing Piper, while Alex is played by Laura Prepon, previously seen on That ’70s show. Find below the list of the main cast of Orange is the new black:
- Taylor Schilling: Piper Chapman
- Laura Prepon: Alex Vause
- Kate Mulgrew: Galina “Red” Reznikov
- Uzo Aduba: Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren
- Danielle Brooks: Tasha “Taystee” Jefferson
- Natasha Lyonne: Nicky Nichols
- Taryn Manning: Tiffany “Pennsatucky” Doggett
- Selenis Leyva: Gloria Mendoza
- Adrienne C. Moore: Cindy “Black Cindy” Hayes
- Dascha Polanco: Dayanara “Daya” Diaz
- Yael Stone: Lorna Morello-Muccio
- Samira Wiley: Poussey Washington
- Jackie Cruz: Marisol “Flaca” Gonzalez
- Lea DeLaria: Carrie “Big Boo” Black
- Nick Sandow: Joe Caputo
- Michael J. Harney: Sam Healy
- Elizabeth Rodriguez: Aleida Diaz
- Jessica Pimentel: Maria Ruiz
- Laura Gomez: Blanca Flores
- Alysia Reiner: Natalie “Fig” Figueroa
- Jason Biggs: Larry Bloom
Orange is the new black has won numerous awards during its broadcast on Netflix, including the 2014 Critic’s Choice Television Award for best comedy series, but also the Satellite Award for best musical or comedy series but also for the best TV cast. In 2015, the series also won the SAG Award for Best Cast for a Comedy Series. She has also been nominated several times at the Emmy Awards.