In a complicated context, “OSS 117: Red alert in black Africa” manages to pull out of the game and bring together nearly 700,000 spectators in one week. Within this weekly top, the film with Jean Dujardin manages to dethrone “Kaamelott”.
BOX-OFFICE FROM AUGUST 4 TO 11: THE TOP 10
- Good score for OSS 117: Red alert in black Africa. This is the second best start of a French film since reopening this year. If this is the worst start of the saga (the first two films had, respectively, 835,334 admissions and 1,090,269 admissions), this third opus still managed to attract nearly 700,000 spectators in one. week, in a period usually rather slack at the cinema and impacted by the health pass.
- If the attendance of cinemas remains marked by the implementation of the pass, 2.7 million admissions were all the same accumulated over the week, and 3 new products manage to make a place in the top 10, to begin with, therefore , by OSS 117 3 which takes the lead.
- Kaamelott is now in 2nd position in the weekly top, garnering just over 370,000 additional admissions. With more than 1.9 million admissions now, Kaamelott – first installment has the best box office score of the year 2021, ahead of Conjuring 3, Fast and Furious 9 and Black Widow.
Stronger than Fast & Furious 9 and Black Widow, Kaamelott becomes 2021’s biggest box office hit
- The rest of the ranking is monopolized by American blockbusters and / or family films. Jungle Cruise with The Rock and Emily Blunt is holding up well, in 3rd position this week. The Suicide Squad approaching 500,000 admissions and American Nightmare 5 shook nearly 200,000 spectators in one week.
Health pass to the cinema: directors, distributors and producers denounce an “assassination”
- Fast & Furious 9 is heading towards 2 million admissions, but remains, like Titanium, for example, impacted by the implementation of the health pass, these two films in particular – although very different – both targeting a young target. Titanium, Palme d’Or 2021, now exceeds 200,000 admissions (precisely 225,342 admissions), a score well above the 155,264 admissions of Grave, Julia Ducournau’s previous film. This titanium score nevertheless disappoints one of its producers who hoped to make 500,000 admissions thanks to the Cannes buzz.
“The health pass killed Titanium “, he blasted in the columns of the Parisian this morning. “When the film’s distributor, Diaphana, pre-purchased it four years ago, we hoped to get 300,000 admissions. At the time, obviously, the question of a possible Palme d’Or did not arise. with the selection at Cannes and the Palme, we hoped to go to 500,000, while we will not exceed 300,000. In the end, Diaphana will lose money…“, he believes.
OSS 117 3 as seen by Jean Dujardin and Nicolas Bedos
Source: CBO Box-Office