Square Enix has unveiled more details around Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker update 6.1. On the program, new game elements, solo content, collaborations, and much more.
In parallel with the development of Final Fantasy 16, Naoki Yoshida continues to fulfill his role as producer and director of FF14. And the bugger has been busy since the launch of the Endwalker expansion, which will host its 6.1 updates. Here’s everything we know about him.
A release date for Final Fantasy 14 update 6.1
The 6.1 updates are getting closer. During the last letter from the producer LIVE, Square Enix revealed that “Newfound Adventure”, the next big update of Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker will be available on April 12, 2022. A patch which will be marked in particular by the arrival of a system of New reinforcements, based on the current adjuration one. More specifically, all instanced dungeons and challenges accessible to 4 players can also be completed solo with allied NPCs. In other words, it will finally be possible to follow the story alone if you feel like it.
To unify everything, a total overhaul of “Cap Vendouest” and other instances are expected to promote the solo experience. Other 2.0 dungeons from the A Realm Reborn epic have been slightly modified both in gameplay and graphically. The adjuration system will also be extended to “2.X” content, the Heavensward expansion, and beyond.
What content for the 6.1 updates?
This FF14 update 6.1 will also see the return of PvP equipment inspired by GARO, the hit Japanese television series. Players will be able to get their hands on special mounts and Shadowbringers and Endwalker jobs will finally be able to take advantage of this original equipment. There will also be a new Surreal Challenge “The Bane of Ultima (Surreal)”, along with the compendium, a new treasured item, a series of alliance raids The Eorzean Mythos, and much more:
- New Main Scenario Quests: Update 6.1 will mark the beginning of a new adventure for the Warriors of Light.
- New Tribal Quests: During the 6.15 update, the Arkasodara tribal quests will be accessible to all jobs and fighter or mage classes.
- New residential area: land in Empyrée, the new residential area of the holy city, will be available for purchase. The acquisition of land will now benefit from a system of sales by drawing lots on predefined dates.
- New Challenge: The Final Response (Extreme): players will once again be able to face the champion of annihilation, in a version reimagined by the fertile imagination of the wandering minstrel.
- Character card (Beta version): Each character card is customizable through different settings. The player can change their character’s brightness, animation, and positioning in the profile portrait, and save different copies for later use. The character profile allows you to display their favorite job and title, as well as their preferences in terms of activities and play schedule.