VENICE MOSTRA 2021. The international film festival has made its 2021 prize list. Many stars made the event during the whole of the Venice Film Festival, which ended on September 11, 2021.
[Mis à jour le 13 septembre 2021 à 9h18] La Mostra de Venice was awarded her prize list on September 11, 2021. And it is the French film “The Event” of Audrey Diwan which won the Golden Lion, while Penelope Cruz and John Arcila respectively received the trophies for best actress ( for “Madres Paralelas”) and best actor (for “On the Job 2: The Missing 8”). Jane Campion was also crowned with the Silver Lion for Best Achievement for her highly anticipated “Power of the Dog”. For his part, the filmmaker Paolo Sorrentino left with the Grand Prix thanks to his latest film, “The Hand of God”.
From September 1 to 11, 2021, the City of the Doges was able to host some of the biggest cinema celebrities of the moment, all of whom came to present some of the most anticipated feature films of the year at the Venice Film Festival, such as Spencer, Dune, Power of the Dog or Last night in Soho. If stars well anchored in the profession have made the trip (Penelope Cruz, Jessica Chastain, Benedict Cumberbatch), we were also able to see the actors and actresses who represent the new generation of Hollywood: Zendaya and Timothée Chalamet dazzled the Mostra, while Anya Taylor-Joy made a remarkable appearance. Below are the photos from the Venice Film Festival red carpet.
The Venice Film Festival takes place every year at the end of the summer. The 2021 edition of the international film festival of this Italian city is scheduled from 1st to 11 September 2021. The winners of this 78th edition will be known on the last day of the festival.
The 2021 official selection of the Venice Film Festival will have nothing to envy of the Cannes Film Festival, a few months earlier. Among the films in competition, we note the long-awaited feature films: Jane Campion’s latest film, “The Power of the Dog”, but also “The Lost Daughter” by Maggie Gyllenhaal and “Madres Paralelas” by Pedro Almodovar. “Spencer” by Pablo Larrain will look back on the life of Lady Diana, played by Kirsten Stewart. Let us also note the quotation in competition of the French film “Lost Illusions” by Xavier Giannoli and its five-star cast, but also of the drama “Another world” which brings together Vincent Lindon and Sandrine Kiberlain on the screen. Below, find the complete list of films presented in competition at the Venice Film Festival in 2021:
- “America Latina”, by Damiano and Fabio D’Innocenzo (with Elio Germano)
- “Another world”, by Stéphane Brizé (with Vincent Lindon and Sandrine Kiberlain)
- “The Box”, by Lorenzo Vigas
- “Captain Volkonogov Escaped”, by Natalia Merkoulova and Alexeï Tchoupov (with Youri Borissov and Alexandre Yatsenko)
- “The Card Counter”, by Paul Schrader (with Oscar Isaac, Tye Sheridan, Willem Dafoe)
- “Competencia oficial”, by Mariano Cohn and Gastón Duprat (with Penelope Cruz, Antonio Banderas)
- “The event”, by Audrey Diwan (with Pio Marmaï, Sandrine Bonnaire, Anna Mouglalis)
- “Freaks Out”, by Gabriele Mainetti (with Claudio Santamaria, Franz Rogowski)
- “Il buco”, by Michelangelo Frammartino
- “Lost Illusions”, by Xavier Giannoli (with Benjamin Voisin, Cécile de France, Vincent Lacoste, Xavier Dolan, Gérard Depardieu, Jeanne Balibar)
- “The Lost Daughter”, by Maggie Gyllenhaal (with Olivia Colman, Dakota Johnson, Peter Sarsgaard, Jessie Buckley, Ed Harris, Paul Mescal, Oliver Jackson-Cohen)
- “Madres paralelas”, by Pedro Almodovar (with Penelope Cruz, Rossy de Palma, Julieta Serrano)
- “The hand of God”, by Paolo Sorrentino (with Tony Servillo, Alfonso Perugini)
- “Mona Lisa and the blood moon”, by Ana Lily Amirpour (with Jeon Jong-seo, Kate Hudson)
- “Leave no traces”, by Jan P. Matszynski
- “On the Job 2: The Missing 8”, by Erik Matti
- “The Power of the Dog”, by Jane Campion (with Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons)
- “Qui rido io”, by Mario Martone (with Toni Servillo, Maria Nazionale)
- “Reflection”, by Valentyn Vasyanovych
- “Spencer” by Pablo Larrain (with Kristen Stewart, Timothy Spall, Sally Hawkins)
- “Sundown”, by Michel Franco (with Tim Roth, Charlotte Gainsbourg)
Among the films presented out of competition, let us note the screenings of films eagerly awaited for the end of the year 2021: this is the case of “Dune“, from Denis Villeneuve, but also from the next film by Ridley Scott,”The Last Duel“Last Night in Soho”, by Edgar Wright, will also be presented out of competition at the Venice Film Festival, just like Yvan Attal’s latest film, …